Thursday, August 13, 2009

MY CORNER

My Corner



New plate for Halloween....October 2009


It's Fall...... So I added a little fall color to the corner, See how just a small change can make things all Fall Y'all....



When I was a small child, (about the age of 10) I use to love to redecorate my room. I would change the furniture around at lease once a week some times more if I didn't like the way it looked. We had a full time maid,and the first thing she would do on Monday's was check out my room to see what I had changed over the weekend. She thought it was great, the way I moved things around all the time.
Then the Christmas I turned 12, I ask for paint and wallpaper for Christmas, I had been looking Thur magazines, and saw a room that had been painted the most wonderful color called melon, It was the color of cantaloupe. I just had to have it!! My Mother didn't blink an eye when I ask for such a strange thing for Christmas, If that gives you a clue as to how much into the decorating thing I was, at such an early age...
I still believe that making changes to a room, keeps it fresh. By moving your objects around you actually see with a sense of renewal. Think of your house as having four seasons. When you look at your home this way you become inspired to invite some of the season's most enjoyable charms into your space...
I do not move big things around as much as I did when I was younger, but I do love to change
things around, So that brings us to the small corner in my Kitchen. I love to put new objects in that corner often. You to can find a corner,table or what ever strikes your fancy, try new things, take the plunge and trust your instincts. Just make a small change to a room and see how walking into that room lifts your spirit. Check back often to see how my small corner changes...

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gift at such a young age. Honestly I can't put things together when decorating. My thing is baking but my kitchen is loaded with so many cooking appliances and utensils that I have zero room for decorating. So I will enjoy looking at your corner:) I have a home on Hilton Head also so I know exactly where you live. Such a pretty area. Off to BBQ greek burgers.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie