Thursday, August 13, 2009

FOODIE FRIDAY

Foodie Friday



Welcome to Foodie Friday.Be sure to stop by Designs by Gollum hosted by the sweet Michael for a virtual feast and a lot of inspiration!

Semi-Home made Blueberry Bread...

You will need
1 Box Blueberry muffin mix
3/4 Cup water
3tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
Fresh Blueberries
Cooking spray





Heat oven to 400 F. Spray bottom of pan only of 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pan. Drain blueberries, rinse and set aside.In bowl, stir Muffin Mix, water,oiland egg until blended (batter will be lumpy). Gently stir in bluberries( now I add fresh Blueberries to mix) Spread in the pan. Bake 8-inch loaf for 40 to 50 minutes,9-inch 35 to 45 minutes. Cool 15 minutes . Run knife around edges of pan, carefully remove bread from pan. Cool Completely. Now I saved the liquid from the blueberries, mixed it with powdered sugar, and then poured it over the bread. This recipe is on the back of the box,but my semi-home made secret is to add the fresh blueberries, and the sugar topping..





Looks so good!!


And taste... Oh So Good !

15 comments:

  1. Yum...this looks awesome and I'm on a diet. But I can dream. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the "semi" part :)! It looks so pretty on the pink plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    That's my kind of recipe! And it looks really beautiful the way you decorated and served it!

    Hope your weekend goes well.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I'm here. Thanks for the invite for coffee and cake. Yummy! Love the pink dishes. You should share these for Pink Saturday.
    Enjoyed the visit. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! This looks delish! I love blueberries, so I'll definitely have a piece, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even know there was a boxed mix for blueberry cake and what wonderful ideas you have to 'dress it up'! I'm going to try this recipe this weekend!
    And I love how your presented it on that perfect tray! What a nice resting spot for it (I'm sure it didn't rest long before it was gone!) It all looks so pretty and YUMMY!
    Thanks for this!
    All the best,
    Eileen
    PS ~ Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm keeping this recipe... my husband would love it. It looks so good. I noticed you live in Mt. Pleasant...what a pretty area. My daughters are both going to MUSC dental school in Charleston and they live in James Island. We love to go visit, so much to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy
    Oh my gosh I love those beautiful blueberry's
    My favorite muffins to start the weekend
    your so sweet !
    What a great treat .
    Blessings to you for your awesome hospitality today.
    Your photos are all really nice.
    I love how you coordinated your deilcious food with your pretty pink dinnerware and that fabulous floral tablecloth :)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog and following.
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea. Your loaf looks perfect for the weekend. I hope you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had blueberry bread, only blueberry muffins. Sounds great!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Howdy from Kansas!
    Just popping in to see how things are going.
    Have a great week-end.
    God bless,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  12. I envy you American folks...We hardly get any blueberry's in the shop. An hour agoo I was in the shop an 3 ounces of blueberry's costed me ' dollars. I just can use them to garnish things with.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie