Wednesday, March 31, 2010

TABLESCAPE THURSDAY



I love this great Easter Platter and little Bunny candle holders that I found the other day when I went into the Williams- Sonoma store to look around...




These cute Spring Bunny Plates are durable and features a different bunny portrait and pastel-colored border ...




They are just the cutest...


Love the Pink one...


The yellow border is just perfect for Spring...



Here at Working on a dream...I am going to be hosting a new MEME or Party...And I would love your help to spread the news...I also hope that you will join...I am still working on the details...trying to get the button made....And the name for the new MEME...I live in South Carolina...I love where I live...Lots of wonderful things go on here and around town...Lots of people in blogville have come to Charleston to vacation...You love where you live ...lots of wonderful things happen in your town...Last weekend alone we had the Bridge Run, about 40 thousand people walked or ran this race, The Summerville Flowertown Festival , and the Cajun Fest...all taking place here...and I would love to share this with all of you...Now I know in Tennessee... The National Cornbread Festival,” complete with a National Cornbread Cook-off, carnival, food court, music, plus arts and crafts is held on the last weekend of April, the event attracts 45,000 to 60,000 visitors, I would love to see pictures and hear about that from someone ....Do you have a favorite restaurant , your child's B-Day party...The list goes on if it happens in your town and you like to talk about it ...You can bet that someone here in blog land wants to hear about it...Now I would also like your help to name the new Meme...I am thinking maybe Blogland or Blogville...Or do you have something in mind...Please give me your thoughts..also I would like to know if this is a Meme that you would like to see and maybe join in once in awhile... I would like to have it all up and running by June 1st...Thanks so much...Julie
If you would like participating in this new MEME, please let me know in your comment and add your permalink... to the post... that you would like to share... in your comment, and I will make sure that it gets into the post...just for now until I get Mister Linky up and running...
I also have had some great suggestions for a name...
CC said...
I like the idea of the new meme..how about.."In My Home Town"....I like that name and it would so suit every ones photos...
The Happy Homemaker said...
ooooh,fun! How about Our Town...or I like In My Hometown, like CC suggested
Rhondi said...
Hi JulieI think that is a great idea. I don't have any suggestion for a name though...
Marla said...
Julie, I am not sure what a MEME is? Is that crazy I don't know? But I like the name Our Town a lot.
Mimi said...
I think the title should be something like your hometown or hometown happenings, if it is going to be something about your place of residency, maybe virtual dept of tourism!!!!I don't know, I will be thinking all day!!!
Doris Sturm said...
Dear Julie,I will be happy to participate in your Meme, entitled "I love where I live, and I have already something in mind, a post I did earlier (like maybe a year ago, about all the Murial's in my town of Lakeland, GA)...the Cherokee Indian Powwow post can be called "I love where I live close to?" ;-) I don't even know how close it is, it's probably a 4 hour ride from here, but I'll know more once I return. There are lots of nice placed in my local town, for instance, Bank's Lake that was once famous for shooting a film with Burt Reynolds called "Gator" and the DVDs of the movie are still being sold at the Outpost there...I'll be happy to help in any way I can, but I will need guidance because I normally don't participate in memes. Just let me know when you want to start and what I have to do.Have a great weekend,Doris ;-)(and Gizzy says hello to Miss Lucy)

Our Porch in Hillsborough said...
I think your hometown idea is great - if I think of a clever name, I'll send it your way.

Sarah said...
Julie, Love the idea of your new meme. I'll give this some thought and if a name comes to mind I'll pass it along. Charleston is a favorite place to visit for me!
Kathy said...
Your hometown idea for blog posts sound like fun. I would enjoy reading about special things in other hometowns! I love your garden path photo. Will that be your button?


Sherry from Alabama said...
Your blog party sounds like fun. I'll be checking back for more info.
marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...
Julie, Your new meme sounds like a lot of fun. I can't think of a name, but I'm sure someone will. I will be happy to display your button when you get it all done. Sounds like a great idea to showcase your town and what all is going on. Hope you have a super weekend.

Melody said...
What a great blog idea! I've got some name ideas........Welcome to BloggeritavilleBlogTown, USAWhere In The World.......Blog Talk.....Did you hear what's going on?Meet Me At......Talk at the Keyboard.Just some ideas to get ya goin. Have a great Sunday!


Celestina Marie said...
Hi Julie, Great blog idea and I like the names that Melody suggested.Happy Easter week.Hugs, Celestina Marie

The Quintessential Magpie said...
Julie, I wish I could think of something, but my mind is drawing a blank. Best of luck, though, on this meme! Sounds fun!XO,Sheila :-)


xinex said...
Julie. Your new meme sounds like a good idea. Festivities in Blogland or Festivities Friday? Hmmmm, hard to think of a name, isn't it but I am sure you will come out with something cute...Christine

Thank you all for the suggestions...After I get a good list of names...I will let you all vote for the new name...If you have something in mind Please add it to your comment...Thanks so much Julie



Another wonderful day to play with our dishes ....I am I so happy to be here. Please visit Susan over at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com.Make sure to visit all the great Tablescapes while y'all are there. I also would like to thank all of you that have stopped by to see my table and left comments, y'all sure have made me feel so welcomed!! Thank you all! And a great big Thank You to Susan ,for being such a great hostess,we all have such a good time at your place.
xoxo
Julie

13 comments:

  1. Lovely!! I saw the mugs but not the plates!! Enjoy!!
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! Everything looks great! I just became a new follower- thanks for following me as well! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, Julie. Those plates are adorable. Can I put hunny bunny Lucy's picture on my side bar and link back to you? She looks adorable in her rabbit ears and after all her and Gizzy are friends - as are we!
    Happy Easter, bunnies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Julie,
    Those bunny plates are just too cute. I think the pink one is my fav.
    I love your meme idea, love your meme pic!! I think it should be called "Hometown Happenings".

    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I want those bunny plates! They are precious! I think that will be such a fun meme. Enjoy your day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Easter plates and yes, I would love to participate in a blog party showcasing where we all live! I think it is a great idea!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Julie, I think I may need to hop on over to William Sonoma for a set of those adorable plates. Your table is full of delights. Baby Cakes is going to love dining here! Happy Easter to you and your family.
    I don't seem to have your email address, so you'll need to send me an email so I can respond directly to you. Thanks again! Hugs ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie~ Oh, the platter is to die for! I thought you were going to say it was vintage - it looks like it is. The little plates are so cute too! Lovely table.
    Now I like the idea of your new Meme. I'm not too good at titles but here's mine: Blog Hopping Thru Our Town.
    Thanks for popping in to see me,
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Julie -- these dishes and tablesetting couldn't be better! Just exquisite! Love it to the max! Happiest of Easters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are the cutest little bunny plates, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This are cute plates. And I love Bunny Lucy too. So funny.

    Wish you a happy Easter.
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie - where are you? I'm worried about you -it's been a long time since you posted...do you have another blog? Are you busy with your Memes? Gizzy wants to know how Lucy's doing... I joined facebook if you want to find us there ;-)

    I hope you're ok...hoping to hear from you soon.
    Doris :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie