Friday, March 12, 2010

FOODIE FRIDAY

Irish Coffee Cupcakes
St. Patrick's day is next week, so I thought you might like a little chocolate yumyum to go with your coffee...


Irish Coffee Cupcakes (makes 15)
Ingredients: For the cupcakes:
2 c. flour1 t. baking powder
¼ t baking soda
¼ t salt
½ c boiling water
2 T instant espresso powder (you can use instant coffee or buy the instant espresso powder at Starbucks)
¼ c whole milk
1 stick unsalted butter at room temp
½ c. sugar
½ c packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
For the frosting:
1 c. heavy cream
1 T powdered sugar
1 T whiskey
Instant espresso powder for dusting

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and line your cupcake tins.
Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Pour water over espresso powder and let cool. Combine espresso with milk. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar with a mixer on medium until pale and fluffy (about 3 mins.) Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.

Beat in flour mixture 1/3 at a time alternating with espresso mixture beginning AND ending with flour. Batter may look broken. Fill muffin tins ¾ full. Bake 20-22 mins until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool, turn cupcakes out from tin.

To make frosting: Whisk together cream, powdered sugar until peaks form. Add whiskey and mix until slightly stiff peaks form. Top cupcakes with 2 T of frosting and lightly dust with espresso powder.
I found this recipe over at Lets Have a Cocktail do stop over and checkout her funny blog...

May your blessings outnumber

The shamrocks that grow,

And may trouble avoid you

Wherever you go.

Irish Blessing...

Welcome to Foodie Friday.Be sure to stop by Designs by Gollum hosted by the sweet Michael for a virtual feast and a lot of inspiration!

Thank You Michael

xoxo

Julie

15 comments:

  1. DELISH!!! I am IN LOVE with cupcakes! Following from Friday Follow. Pop over for a visit.

    www.mamabirdnest.com

    or my weighloss blog at
    www.katbirddiets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these would be so good and they are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these look devine...and your little corgi all dressed in St Paddy's attire is adorable :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmmmmie! I want that now! Do you deliver? lol
    I'm here from Friday Follow! Happy to be following you since I love sweets!Hope to see you around my place!
    Jessica
    Walking the Land
    http://Jessicanfamily.blogapot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delicious looking!! I'll have to give these a try! :-)

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cupcakes look....delicious!


    Happy Follow Friday!
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com
    http://christiecottage.etsy.com
    http://twitter.com/christiecottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Love your new look:) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang now I'm hungry! Are you making all of this? Its all beautiful especially the shamrock cookies. I KNOW hard it is to make a good looking green cookie!

    Happy Friday, I'm your newest follower!
    http://dharma-waits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds so delicious!

    I'm your newest follower! Happy Friday! Please follow me too!

    http://mommy-living-the-life-of-riley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. 000000000 YUMMY YUMMY MMMM MMMM GOOD!!!

    Hugs
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your header!

    Stopping by to say Hi and Happy Follow Friday! Now following you!

    I have a whole bunch of giveaways going on if you wanted to check them out!

    http://mamasmoneysavers.com/category/current-giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that sounds heavenly! I love anything coffee, Irish or otherwise - and whipped cream, mmmmmmm!

    Thanks for the recipe and happy weekend!
    Doris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. p.s. how's Lucy girl? Sorry I've not visited for a while - slow internet, but I upgraded, so hopefully I'll be able to comment more often!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello from a late friday follower! You have a beautiful blog! Can't wait to see more!

    Following from...

    http://bizzimommi.blogspot.com

    Hope you'll stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum yum yum!! Looks gorgeous! And I love me some Irish coffee, too! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie