Wednesday, March 10, 2010

TABLESCAPE THURSDAY

Spring is in the air...along with ST. Patrick's Day...So I thought a little green would get your Tablescape juices going..I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to join her to see all the beautiful tablescapes. You're sure to be inspired.. So please do come in and have a cup of coffee and enjoy my first TABLESCAPE this year...







Mismatched silverware and china still look sophisticated with natural embellishments... Even when dining outdoors, you can forgo a tablecloth. Don't be afraid to use crystal goblets outside. They add elegance to the table and look right at home next to antique flatware and long, tapered candlesticks.





Whether it's a laid-back picnic or lively dinner party, forget about setting a serious table.After all, Summer is on the way and that's the perfect excuse to dish out a table that's drenched with color and pattern. The weather has been so warm here the past few days.... That thoughts of dinning out doors has taken over.. so create a special place in your yard for summertime dining and entertaining? I will be doing a reveal of my outdoor space here soon... With a little imagination, you can create an oasis for a daily escape in your own back yard...




Now you had to know if you stopped over for coffee or tea that I would have cookies...





So grab a beautiful spring cup and join me for some cookies and coffee...





Table setting: gold-edge eggcup and butter dish by Legle Limoges. “Constance” bread-and-butter plate sugar bowl, and coffeepot by Bernardaud. “Illusion” teacup, saucer, and dessert plate in endive by Haviland. “Derby Panel Green” bread-and-butter plate ,dinner plate, and vegetable dish by Royal Crown Derby. “Olivia” tumbler by Juliska. “Fairfax” silverware by Gorham. Image, Martha Stewart magazine. I do hope this gets you in the mood for Spring...




Hi it's Tablescape Thursday , and I am I so happy to be here. Please visit Susan over at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com.Make sure to visit all the great Tablescapes while y'all are there. I also would like to thank all of you that have stopped by to see my table and left comments, y'all sure have made me feel so welcomed!! Thank you all! And a great big Thank You to Susan ,for being such a great hostess,we all have such a good time at your place.

xoxo


Julie







25 comments:

  1. What wonderful inspiration photos and your tablescape is gorgeous!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful outdoor tablescape! Your clover cookies look delicious and I want that cupcake NOW that is posted on your sidebar! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tablescape is lovely and nice inspiration photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Limoge table is amazing...
    I always love an outdoor table, too. So pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lot's of spring insporataions here -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All so pretty, I love that tablecloth with the rabbits, where is that from, wow it is so pretty, I love all the tablescapes, just lovely...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty table and you don't have to have shamrock dishes to have an Irish table. I see your Welsh lady is wearing of the green! Our Welshman wouldn't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inspiration tables...I want one of those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, those were some wonderful inspiration tables! That last one got me, and also the one with the bunnies on the hem of the cloth! And who can resist green depression glass. One of the prettiest Easter tables I ever saw was set with green depression glass, and the girl also collected the pink. It was a vision. That has got to be twenty years ago, and I still think it was the prettiest one ever.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI!!!
    Those are some lovely table scapes!!! I so would love to have a dinner party on those patios!!! It is so dusty here in the desert SW!!!!
    The spring and fall are great times to do a patio lunch!!!!
    Love the tea cups!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautifully done, so inviting and I love the color combinations and the green china is amazing, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie,

    Beautiful photos - very inspirational.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so much loveliness on one post. The flowers on the first table really are inviting. I love the unexpected elgance and the casual environment. The second table it is the tablecloth that really grabs me and the last table is beautiful. I've never seen that china pattern and it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tablescape. I love it. So pretty and all the photos are just stunning. Such great inspiration and eye candy. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sure does get me in the mood to start setting my outside tables. Yours is so pretty and elegant here! Especially love the tablecloth. And all your photos are just exquisite!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sunshine! Just what I needed on this wet rainy day. What a lovely outdoor table! It's one of my favorites today. The tablecloth is so pretty! AND those TEACUPS!!! Love Them!!
    Your green tablesetting is to so elegant & sophisticated. Just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julie, It just says Roscher then under that it says collection Yasmine collection stoneware ...I purchased it at ross storel and have not seen any others like them, I have four bowls each with butterfly in bottom then four plates and four salad plates...Good luck with the hunt, it does say at bottom made in indonesia, hope that helps Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous tables, and I love all the greens on your sidebar - your pups are adorable! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such lovely inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration ... makes me long for spring to arrive in full force! Glad your back!
    Hope your weekend goes well!
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! These are beautiful and so creative! Visting from Follow Friday and following your blog now.

    MageeMommy
    http://mageebaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Am starting to drool when you said "hot days" there? WoW... am coming and bring my table too.

    Sweden is still head over heel full of snow but this doesn't keep me away of travelling here in the US to see all players contributions. I love the way you sets. Gorgeous.

    Happy Friday & w/end ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julie, this is a delightful post! Fabulous details on each table and such exquisite dishes. Thanks for sharing these beautiful and creative tables.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie