Tuesday, March 9, 2010

OUT DOOR WEDNESDAY

The weather for the past few days has been absolutely beautiful so I headed outside... All the birds are getting back into town...As I ran a few errands I saw a few little finches busy building their nest... Yes Spring is on the way...

This is a male Painted Bunting...Is this just about the most beautiful bird that you have ever seen at a back yard feeder...an amazing combination of colors..A green back, deep blue head and orange chest and belly.Dark wings and tail... The female is bright green above, light green below...No other bird can compare with the Male's striking colors.. The female Painted Bunting is uniquely green and rarely confused with any other bird...
Today is Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer hosted by Susan. Make sure to visit her blog, say hello to Susan, and check out all the other participants.Thanks so much for stopping by...... As always it has been my Pleasure...
Keep Smiling...
XOXO
Julie

12 comments:

  1. What great coloring on this bird! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable bird! Never saw this bird before that I can remember.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen this bird...he's gorgeous! Today I watched a flock of parakeets fly overhead. Their chatter was so lively and cheerful! It's finally spring...

    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seem to be true in most birds, the male has the most color. This one is certainly pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bird is glorious, I'm going to check out to see if they have ever been seen in Kansas. Beautiful shot. Have a great Outdoor Wednesday.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bird! I love being outside and doing some birdwatching! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bird! I do not recall ever seeing one before.

    ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I've never seen that bird before. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us!
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI!!!!
    That is a very delicate beautiful bird!!! What a great shot!!!
    Spring is near!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bird is so pretty he doesn't even look real!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie