Thursday, July 30, 2009

FOODIE FRIDAY CREAMY CHICKEN ALFREDO



Welcome to my first Foodie Friday. Today I would like to share one of my 15 year old daughters favorite dinners. CREAMY CHICKEN ALFREDO


Be sure to stop by Designs by Gollum hosted by the sweet Michael for a virtual feast and a lot of inspiration!

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
6boneless, skinless
chicken-breast
halves(about 4
ounces each)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons plus
1 teaspoon olive oil
divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1tablespoon minced
onion
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon pepper
makes 6 servings




Preheat oven to 375F Place flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt; coat with flour. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot.




Add chicken; cook, turning once, until golden,2-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet; place in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.









Heat remaining olive oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and onion; cook until garlic is fragrant and onion is tender, 1-2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high add whipping cream, Parmesan and pepper. Cook until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes.










Spoon sauce over chicken in the dish.




Bake chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted in chicken registers 180 f, 8-12 minutes.




It is very important to use whipping cream instead of milk because the fat content helps keep the sauce from separating and gives it a rich flavor.





I like to serve with noodles and vegetables!! ENJOY






































9 comments:

  1. This looks really yummy. What is the bean salad part on the plate? Just regular beans or is there a special recipe to go with it. I love beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks YUMMY!!! THANKS!!! for the recipe. Come by and visit my blog, I have become a follower maybe you can do the same.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make shrimp alfredo but have never tried chicken. I will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just in time for my grandson's visit. He loves chicken alfredo! I hope you will join me at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesdays. Mister Linky is up and waiting for you to present one of your favorites crock pot recipes. The details for participation and the announcement for the first giveaway item are posted. Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple and it looks good too. Thanks.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing. Please stop by my blog. Thanks, Connie

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie