Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My First Tablescape Thursday

Hi this is my first Tablescape , and I am I so happy to be here. Thank you Susan over at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com.Please visit Susan's wonderful blog! Make sure to visit all the great Tablescapes while ya'll are there.


It is still July and I am still in my red, white and blue mode. I am using my Currier & Ives dishes that I found at an estate sell.




First we have Currier & Ives bowl " The old Farm Gate"




Next is a pretty red plate that I found at a yard sell, no markings



And then the dinner plate " Currier & Ives" The Silver I have had for many years.













I found the Bird House at Home goods. Picked the cute little bird up at a yard sell, all of the clear candle holders I found at good will. I have had the blue candle stick holders so long that I can't remember where I found them.









I am having so much fun! I hope you are enjoying yourself also.










I found the blue glasses at good will. This has been so much fun. Thank you Susan for having me over to share one of my many loves, my dishes. Oh how I have such a love for each and every one of them. Thank you all for stopping by hope to have ya'll back again.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice table. I love the red plates and your Currier and Ives.

    Don't forget to join us on this weekend for the final Christmas in July Tablescape Party on Saturday (some may spill into Sunday since the 25th is Saturday. I am having a real CIJ family dinner on Sunday, but will post my table photos Friday night and Mr. Linky will be up and ready at Playing Dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Julie! So glad you joined us today!

    I'm a nut for blue and white, and it looks like you hit the jackpot there! Your table is so festive with its patriotic theme, and I your little bird is so sweet. Of course, being a magpie and all, I'm partial to birds. Love your flatware, and that tomato server is so nice to have. I can just see a delicious stack of sliced tomatoes on that blue and white serving plate. They are one of my favorite summer foods!

    You did such a nice job with your tablescape, and it is fun, isn't it? Mine today is a little less about tablescaping and a little more about two little friends. :-)

    Happy Tablescape Thursday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the birdhouse and the little bird.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Don't you just love those Currier and Ives dishes? I have a set of them too. Happy TT to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red, white and blue!!! Your blue and white dishes are gorgeous!!!

    Welcome to Tablescape Thursday!!! It is such a fun event!!! I always have the best time!!!

    Happy TT!!!

    Enjoy!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to T&T. Your table turned out very pretty. Love the blue and white dishes and the Americana emphasis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in .. .I did my first TT last week and just love this! Great table, loved the bird and always love the red/white/blue theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my third week, and you will find that Tablescape Thursday really gets the creative juices flowing! I think your table setting is a tribute and solid statement about love of our country - the American Flag is a precious gift we have, and I so appreciate your use of it at the table, where we share meals, talk to one another, and enjoy our freedom! God bless you, and God bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tablescape! Love the blue stemware. My mom has those same "footed" candleholders - she bought them from Partylite years ago (called Patchwork Pair) and they were no doubt a lot more than you paid at GW! They are versatile though as you can take out the top peglite and use the bottom part for dinner (taper) candles.

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome dishes, I love everything about it. That red dish has to be depression glass or some fabulous find!! Love that you got all your little candle holders at goodwill.

    see ya around...this was only my 2nd week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Currier and Ives dishes; very charming!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie