Monday, October 26, 2009

METAMORPHOSIS MONDAY

METAMORPHOSIS MONDAY
BROUGHT TO YOU BY :



This is my office chair, it has sat in my office now for many years...It does its job well.. I have no complaints... But about a week ago... on the drive home from taking my daughter to school. I thought I might take a short detour into a neighborhood that's on my route home.. I just wanted to take a look at all the Fall decorations, maybe get a little inspiration... I went around a curve and, slow me down ... there on the curve sat the most beautiful leather office chair.... Yes just sitting there... I pulled over, got out of the car... and....


This is why that beautiful chair was on the curve... Do you see where the wheel is missing?
So I sat there for a minutes looking around... What would people think... The chair was calling my name... I knew I could find parts on the Internet... So I pulled, pushed, took it back out of the car turned it over ... more pulling and lots more pushing ... could not get the tail gate of my Mercedes to close...Almost but would not closed.... So I started to drive home (very slow) With the tail gate open ....Got home... the chair did not fall out.. So some more pulling and lots more pushing ..... and I got the chair in the house... Now I just can not believe my luck.... When my husband got home I talked him into taking the base off of the old chair and putting it on the new chair.... AND IT FIT....



So here is my new office chair...She is beautiful... and the best thing, she was free...Yes I said free... So keep your eyes open.... You never know what you might find...



Thank you to Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting another Marvelous Metamorphosis Monday!! Click on the link above to see more amazing transformations!
Thanks so much for stopping by...... As always it has been my Pleasure...
Julie

22 comments:

  1. wow you can't get a better deal then that, they are not cheap chairs, what a great find, I would have done the same...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great find. I love getting stuff for free and I've been getting it for many, many years. No one knows but me! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find and your story about how you found it and slowly drove it home gave me a good old laugh!
    Best wishes, NM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to be kidding!! What a great find! glad your wheels fit your new chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it doesn't even look at all like the same chair. What a great job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How lucky you are. What a wonderful chair! I know you're just jumping up and down! Good for you!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's the best kind -- it looks perfect and the perfect price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! It's great to recycle or repurpose...it's environmentally friendly and inexpensive ;-) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you to stop and snag the chair off the side of the road! Looks great and doesn't look free at all:) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't get any better than free, and wow! what a chair. That probably cost big bucks, and look at what good condition it is in. I don't think people in my neighborhood throw away anything this good. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is truly excellent!!!! What a great chair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow-you were lucky! I'm trying to picture the the lady in the Mercedes picking up the trash from the curb...funny.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story! You have a lucky find and it seems like a pretty easy fix. Once a girl across the alley from me was walking to the dumpster with a sewing machine. I called over to her, "Hey are you throwing that out?" She said she was going to, but she said I could have it if I wanted. Then she said she'd go get the accessories and she came right over with that too! It was a great machine and I use it at school with the kids all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great find and looks comfy !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You lucky thing! Wish I could find a chair like that...my office chair moans and squeaks everytime someone sits in it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Makes my heart go pitter patter....so exciting!
    Love me some sidewalk discount! Great Find!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, so resourceful and creative! Good work girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a find--and then to have it fit the bottom of your old chair, what can I say, but...AWESOME DUDE!!

    http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good for you! Amazing the base could switch out. Even more amazing it would be thrown to the curb for just a missing wheel (or maybe they were just tired of it.)

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie