Wednesday, May 5, 2010

South Carolina Sea Turtle Release



3 loggerhead sea turtles and 4 green sea turtles were released back into the ocean! This was the largest release in the program’s history and took the Aquarium Hospital to over 50 sea turtles that have been rehabilitated and released by the South Carolina Aquarium. The release took place on the first official day of nesting season in South Carolina, Saturday, May 1st 2010 and began at 3:30pm at the Isle of Palms County Park ...



Today is Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer hosted by Susan. Make sure to visit her blog, say hello to Susan, and check out all the other participants.Thanks so much for stopping by...... As always it has been my Pleasure...Keep Smiling...XOXOJulie

14 comments:

  1. WOW...I don't think I knew they were so large. That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those seaturtles are massive - I saw a program on GPB/PBS about their long journey through the oceans and I was so impressed what they go through. I have tremendous respect for those creatures and appreciate people trying to help them.

    Have a great day and pat Miss Lucy for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this would really be something to watch. He's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been in Mexico where they have a sea turtle program and and have swam by one in Hawaii -- they are amazing! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the close up of the Turtle. An amazing event.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, your photos are amazing! Thanks for sharing this exciting event.
    The package arrived. Will send an email later....Thank you! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool thing to experience and great pictures to share. Thanks,Denise@cottagesisters

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cause for celebration, but it so heightens my concern over the Gulf oil spill...it is just making me sick. I don't think we'll ever know all the ramifications. C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie!!!
    Great pics of those wonderful lovely sea animals!!!I have swam in the ocean in Hawaii only and wow, there went a turtle by me!!!!It was weird and fantastic at the same time!!!!
    Thanks for sharing that moment
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos, Julie! Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is so cool, great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Tamoly! They are huge ... much bigger than I thought.

    Happy Mother's Day.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! He is HUGE and my boys loved looking at the pics. Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie