Friday, April 9, 2010

PINK SATURDAY/NEW MEME

Hey all you Pinkies.....Come on in it's a party...or a new MEME... And my motto is... Always show up at a party with a camera and a plate of cookies...And the chance's are good you will be invited back....


I do hope that some of you by now know that I am trying to get a new MEME off the ground...pick a name...get a button made and get Mister Linky up ... all by the first week of June...






This is what I have picked as the new button...Need to fill it in with a name...And I would love your help with the name and to help spread the news...I also hope that you will join in on all the fun...





I live in South Carolina...I love where I live...Lots of wonderful things go on here and around town...Lots of people in blogville have come to Charleston to vacation...You love where you live ...lots of wonderful things happen in your town...A couple of weekend's ago we had the Bridge Run, about 40 thousand people walked or ran this race, The Summerville Flowertown Festival , and the Cajun Fest...all taking place here...and I would love to share this with all of you.. What big event takes place where you live... Maybe your vacation...Do you have a favorite restaurant , your child's B-Day party...The list goes on if it happens in your town and you like to talk about it ...You can bet that someone here in blog land wants to hear about it... Or are you planning a trip and would like to know where the best places to eat are... maybe you will find it here...Now I will share the bridge run with you all to get us started..


GOING THE DISTANCE




Meet Bob Walton : retired Oakland Elementary School principal, he started running in the mid-1960s, and he hasn't stopped. He has the mementos, trophies and medals to relish the fond memories of running races all over the United States.Bob says he never really thought about his rare feat- running all the previous Bridge Runs-until being interviewed for the 25th annual event. He is one of only a handful of men who have run all of the Bridge Runs since the beginning in 1978...He says "He was just having fun"...





Nine minutes till the race...everyone is warming up...



Five...Four...Three...Two...One...And their off...This is the 20th largest race in the WORLD...



Men's winner Simon Ndirangu (3) is clumped with the other leaders - Ridouane Harroufi (from left), Rilahun Regassa, Enock Mitei (6) and Rogert Letting (2).Ndirang won the race in 27 minutes and 49 seconds, just nine seconds off the course record...



Assefa, an Ethiopian competing in Charleston for the first time, won the women's division with a time of 32 minutes, 31 seconds ... first- place prize for the race was 10,000.00 And now on to the fun stuff...


Oh yes I do have a mirror at my house...Yes I am going to run in this outfit...How did you know that my buddies bet me fifty dollars to run in this get -up...




40,000 people make a lot of trash...


Twenty five minutes after the gun went off the last of the runners and walkers went over the start line....

Oh yea there was more than one...

On the way back to my car I had to walk by the Dunkin Donuts shop...And for those that know me I HAD to go in....

Yes coffee was calling my name...And you know I had to have a donut...

Here are a few great post for you to enjoy...Please do stop over and say hi,and let them them know where you came from...

1. http://crochetingingeorgia.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-powwow-experience.html

2. http://mycarolinakitchen.blogspot.com/2010/04/tour-of-thomas-edisons-winter-home-in.html

3. http://stonegable.blogspot.com/2010/04/paula-deens-delicious-fried-chicken-and.html

4. http://audreyscountrycrafts.blogspot.com/2010/04/netherlands.html

5.http://candgdesign.blogspot.com/2010/04/district-ii.html

6. http://freelylivinglife.blogspot.com/2010/04/jayco.html

7.http://lemondropvintage.blogspot.com/2010/04/tiptoe-through-bluebonnets.html

If you would like to participate in Traveling Blog Land, please be sure to add your permalink to the post that you would like to share, to your comment, and I will see that it gets into the next post... If you have a suggestion for a name for the new MEME please let me know ...And what would be a good day for this new MEME...Thanks so much.




Pink Saturday, is graciously hosted by Beverly, at How Sweet the Sound. Be sure to visit Beverly's beautiful blog to see a complete list of all the participants in today's Pink Saturday.Thanks so much for stopping by...... As always it has been my Pleasure...Come Back When you can Play Longer...

xoxo

Julie


27 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try a marathon for walking I will keep following you .I collect the work DREAM. Have a pink saturday Laura Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday Julie.
    Wonderful captures and post.
    Great new Meme( Theme).

    Cheers. Happy weekend.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy pink Saturday, Julie, what a great post. I've got a "Bob" in my town of Lakeland too, only his name is Joe. He's 70 something and participates in all the local running events and has lots of trophies.
    So, how do I participate in Traveling Blog Land? Is that the name of your new Meme? What happened to "I love where I live?" - are we still undecided or maybe I need another cup of coffee ;-)

    Happy Weekend to you and yours, Julie.
    Doris :-)
    Gizzy sends a sniff and a lick to Miss Lucy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie,
    This is going to be so much fun. I have been to several blogs and am getting to know each writer's favorite places. Those posts have given me more ideas of my own. I have a thought of 3 specific topics from my area. I'm sure it will be easy to come up with more. It'll just take some time to get the material together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, Julie! You took great pictures of the marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post for today. happy pink saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that MEME you showed today, is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I would love having something like that. I know nothing about that part of this world. It is so original and unique. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking out time this morning while getting all ready for OUR BIG DAY and wanted to say I love your idea on your new meme. How fun this can be.
    As for a name?? I love the *I LOVE WHERE I LIVE"..not sure you could beat that. Maybe "LET ME SHOW YOU THE TOWN" or "PAINT THE TOWN RED" or
    "GOIN'OUT ON THE TOWN"...what ever you decide to name it, it is going to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea ...

    Now if I were to race & there was a Krispy Kreme along the route, I'd beat you all hands down! Chuckle!

    Have a lovely weekend.
    TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie,
    I am not clear on what the meme is about..where we live?? I don't know how many weeks of interesting things I could find, LOL!!
    maybe Wed.as if would go well with the other meme Outdoor Wed. or Sun?
    Keep us informed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!! Love your post and I am off to visit others!! Have a super great extra special wonderful weekend!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, Julie. Tomorrow is the Capitol 10,000 here in Austin and it's the marathon in Paris, France. Love your idea of the new meme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julie,
    My post about a hometown event is ready. I posted it a little while ago. I have been able to check some of the other blogs also. THis is a very fun idea. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The link to my post about the Oktoberfest Maple Leaf parade is right here: http://cottagegardenquilter.blogspot.com/2010/04/big-event-in-lacrosse-wisconsin-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Pink Saturday to you too Julie and thank you so much for stopping by and greeting me in my first PS participation :)
    I loved your post, the story, marathons, hometowns...hm! :D
    Have a wonderful Sunday, Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, that's a lot of runners! Some strangely dressed ones too:) BUT... that Bob Walton is a real runner. Congratulations to him on all of those awards. Have a blessed day dear Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute idea. Maybe you could call it Travel-Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Julie, feel free to hook my blog in with it:) Let me know if I need to do something:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm feeling a tad bit stupid this morning--"Meme?" I'm not sure what this means...Trying to glean from these comments a meaning--theme? Help! Loved your post anyway! C

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julie. I love the pics. I am a Children's writer from NC.. I am Friday following. The doughnut looked so good. I'm on a diet right now. Wahaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am stopping by from Friday Follow! I hope you will follow back! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooo I love DD! especially their chai, I am so addicted to that one. That is really awesome and inspirational about that man, I run three times a week a mile and aquarter, I'm working my way up! :) following you from the FF!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very belated Pink Saturday - hope you're doing okay - I have not been by in a while and wanted to drop you a note. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  24. HI!!!
    Do you have a title yet???
    Like MY hometown happenings!!!!!
    I will link up when it is ready!!!!
    Loved all the pics!!!!
    I love South Carolina!!!
    Hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm a new Friday Follower! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=2462 and sign up for my newest giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great run-down on the festivities. I am running this in April and am super excited! It will be my first time running the Cooper Bridge run!

    Actually heading to MP this wkend to visit my brother & his family!

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie