Wednesday, November 4, 2009

TABLESCAPE THURSDAY

FIRST PARTY ON THE PORCH


We had friends over, and had our first dinner party on the porch...

This bunch of sweeties have Trick or Treated together now for ten years... Each year we all meet at my home to eat and then head out for a fun night of spooky fun... The girls all ate in the den... Now we head out to the porch...Please remember the porch is still a work in progress... The porch is almost done... BUT I have only bought one piece of furniture for the porch so far ...All the rest are things I have had for awhile...



I sat up a folding table ....Put out a few things ...I used my Black depression glass dishes PATTERN Mt. Pleasant....




This table is the only thing I have bought for the porch... I bought it at an Antique store here in town... If you have ever been to Charleston SC you know that all most all of the homes here in the city have Wrought Iron some where.... This table is made out of Antique reclaimed wrought iron from Charleston... I just Love it...




This is a close up of the table....You can see the wrought iron work here...
The table is made up of four very heavy pieces of this beautiful wrought iron...


Babycakes and Murray ready for a night of fun...



No more pictures PLEASE...Lets go.




Hi it's Tablescape Thursday , and I am I so happy to be here. Please visit Susan over at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com.Make sure to visit all the great Tablescapes while y'all are there. I also would like to thank all of you that have stopped by to see my table, left comments, and joined my blog, y'all sure have made me feel so welcomed!! Thank you all! And a great big Thank You to Susan ,for being such a great hostess,we all have such a good time at your place.
xoxo
Julie

25 comments:

  1. We do the same thing. Gather for some snacks at a friends house and all walk together. I love your black depression glass. Cutest little bumble bee:) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    Congrats on the progress on your porch. Love you new table, it reminds me of one of the old gates in Charleston. Thanks for sharing.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great porch. Your tablescape is fabulous for all those darling girls. Love your bird pictures too.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. The porch is just wonderful, and I love the Halloween decorations, especially the cute witch under the gorgeous cloche. All of the children are so cute and look like they are having a great time. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black dishes -- would have never thought of that for Halloween -- great centerpiece -- and do I spot corgis in your post? We, too, are owned by a corgi -- Oliver is his name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great porch. You'll have a lot of fun decorating it. I LOVE the table. It's an amazing place to start. I also love your black Depression glass. I've passed on them in the past, but no longer!

    - The Tablescaper

    PS The bumble bees were the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Babycakes and Murray are too cute!! Love the screen porch...maybe one of these days my little cottage will have one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh fun! I love your piece of Charleston (wouldn't I LOVE to live there! YES!) And your two little bees are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bee costumes are adorable!

    Your porch looks so nice.

    Cute Halloween decorations!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun for all. Love your table. The detail is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your halloween table!!!
    So scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The porch is now a perfect spot for a party, and I love the day of the dead theme for the table. It is all very fun.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great table....love the bride and groom! I have black wicker porch furniture, too and love, love, love it....I can't tell you how many cans it took to paint it...I should have taken out stock in the company!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Halloween 'scape on the porch. And what cute little bumblebees buzzed in to visit. I see you have a baby named Lucy also. Tell her my Lucy says hello.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julie, your festive Halloween table looks grand. The bride and groom are fabulous. Your porch is going to be awesome when finished. It already looks great TO ME! A great idea to set p a folding table. Love the black and white.

    Nice job and I know everyone had a grand time.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the table, of course I love Charleston and anything that reminds me of it. The pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Julie !
    I am loving your porch - you lucky girl ! I love your Halloween pictures and the baby and pup are sweet !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your porch is awesome! I love the picture of babycakes and Murray!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julie, come over, I have something for you to do. I just love baby cakes and Murray in their bee costumes. Such a great photo, it could win a contest. Love baby cakes with the butterfly on her head too. A great photo op for sure.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun tradition. Love the table and the bee costume is too cute! Your porch looks great.

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your porch is lovely. What fun decorations and a great group of girlfriends! Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Tablescape!
    Beautiful porch!
    Beautiful Bumblee(s)!

    I love the iron table and wonderful idea for the glass top so you can still view that beautiful floor!
    Awesome!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow--I love the coffee table and what a neat piece.-- That is one of the things I love doing in Charleston==just looking at all the wrought iron gates. What a wonderful coffee table to incorporate a little bit of Charleston! ps we were in Charleston last weekend eating at a little restaurant/bakery not far from the Charleston Symphony. We like to go to Mount Pleasant to the Whole Food store there. Wish there was one up by us!

    http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your porch is lovely...I have been to Charleston many times and I know how there is wrought iron everywhere...your table is beautiful and the black of the table and the black of the wicker goes perfect in that setting...That little Bee what pretty cute too!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Julie